Ash Gourd / Winter Melon Seeds (Benincasa hispida) | Chalkumra Seeds | Wax Gourd Seed | Fresh Vegetable Seeds | Pack of 25+ Seeds
Cash On Delivery Option Available at Checkout
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Free Replacement*
- Dispatched in 1-2 Days, Ships in 3-5 Days**
The winter melon also called white gourd or ash gourd, is a vine grown for its very large fruit, eaten as a vegetable. The fruit is fuzzy when young, giving rise to the name fuzzy melon (Chinese: 毛瓜; pinyin: m?oguo). By maturity, the fruit loses its hairs and develops a waxy coating, giving rise to the name wax gourd, and providing a long shelf life. The word ?melon? in the name is somewhat misleading, as the fruit is not sweet.Originally domesticated in Southeast Asia, the winter melon is now widely grown in East Asia and South Asia as well.The winter melon requires very warm weather to grow but can be kept through the winter much like winter squash. The melons are used in stir fry or to make winter melon soup, which is often served in the scooped out melon, which has been intricately decorated by scraping off the waxy coating.
- Packet Contains: 1 Pack of Ash Gourd/Wax Gourd/Winter Melon Seeds 50+ Count.
- High Quality Wax Gourd Seeds: Best quality organic seeds for home gardeners.
- Season of Sowing: Basically this crop is a warm-season crop and thrives best @ temperature between 24°C to 31°C. This crop also grows well in humid and heavy rainfall regions. Ash gourd crop is susceptible to frost conditions.
- Mode of Sowing: Ash gourd seeds should be sown @ 4 to 5/pit at 1 to 2 cm depth in the soil (avoid deeper sowing as it may delay germination). After 2 weeks of sowing, check for unhealthy plants and remove them. Retain 2 to 3 plants/pit. For better germination, use 3 to 4 months old seeds.
- Fast Delivery: We provide best packaging for your live plant that will be safely delivered to your doorstep .
|Dimensions||9 × 9 × 9 cm|