Gachwala White Touch me Not Plant – White Lajjavati Plant (Mimosa pudica) | Sensetive Plant | Chui Mui Plant | 1 Healthy Live Plant with Pot
2 in stock
Cash On Delivery Option Available at Checkout
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Free Replacement*
- Dispatched in 1-2 Days, Ships in 3-5 Days**
The White Lajjavati plant is commonly known as Mimosa pudica alba. It is a variation or cultivar of the Mimosa pudica plant, also known as the Sensitive Plant or Touch-Me-Not plant. Mimosa pudica alba features white flowers instead of the typical pink or purplish flowers found in the regular Mimosa pudica.
Like its parent plant, the White Lajjavati plant is known for its unique leaf-folding response to touch or physical disturbance. When touched, its delicate compound leaves will fold inward and droop, a fascinating adaptive behavior. This mechanism is thought to be a defense strategy against potential herbivores.The White Lajjavati plant can be grown as an ornamental houseplant or in gardens. It requires similar care to the regular Mimosa pudica, preferring well-drained soil, moderate sunlight, and regular watering. It can be a captivating plant to observe and interact with due to its intriguing leaf movements.
To successfully grow the White Lajjavati plant (Mimosa pudica alba), you can follow these general growing instructions:
- Planting: Select a suitable location that receives partial sunlight or bright indirect light. Mimosa pudica alba can also tolerate some shade. Plant the seeds or young seedlings in well-draining soil. You can use a pot or prepare the garden soil by incorporating organic matter to enhance drainage.
- Watering: Mimosa pudica alba prefers moderately moist soil. Water the plant when the top inch of soil feels dry, but avoid overwatering, as it can lead to root rot. Allow the soil to dry slightly between waterings. Adjust the frequency based on the environmental conditions and the plant’s needs.
- Temperature and Humidity: The White Lajjavati plant thrives in warm temperatures between 70-85°F (21-29°C). It is sensitive to cold temperatures, so protect it from frost. Aim for a humid environment if possible, as higher humidity levels can be beneficial for the plant’s overall health.
- Pruning: Regular pruning can help maintain a compact shape and encourage bushier growth. Trim any leggy or overgrown branches to promote a more balanced and attractive appearance.
- Fertilization: Apply a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every two to four weeks during the growing season (spring and summer). Follow the instructions on the fertilizer packaging for the appropriate dosage and frequency.
|Dimensions||15 × 10 × 20 cm|