Gandha Prasarini – Paederia foetida LIVE PLANT – Skunk Vine Gandhali Paduri lata Gandha bhadulia
16 in stock
Cash On Delivery Option Available at Checkout
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Free Replacement*
- Dispatched in 1-2 Days, Ships in 3-5 Days**
Paederia foetida is an herbaceous climbing vine that is native to tropical Asia. It is also known as skunk vine, stink vine, or wild pea. The plant has large, heart-shaped leaves and produces small, white flowers. The fruit is a small, dark-colored berry. Paederia foetida is used in traditional medicine for a variety of conditions, including diarrhea, indigestion, and stomach pain. The plant is also used as a diuretic, expectorant, and stimulant. Paederia foetida is considered safe for most people when used short term. However, some side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, and dizziness, have been reported. Gandha prasarini is an important ayurvedic herb. It is a vigorous climber with purple and white flowers. Leaves when crushed emit an unpleasant smell, which is what led to its various vernacular names.Foetida also contains friedelin, campesterol, ursolic acid, hentriacontane, hentriacontanol, ceryl alcohol, palmitic acid and methyl mercaptan 5. Ellagic acids 15, Epifriedelinol, Terpenoids, alkaloids paederine (a-paederine and b-paederine), volatile 16, and essential oil. Parts used Leaves, Roots. Used for treating Rheumatism, Paralysis, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Infertility, Flatulence, and Inflammation. Paederia foetida is a herb that has traditionally been used for a variety of purposes that seem to be centred around either intestinal health (particularly anti-diarrheal and anti-dysentery) and as an invigorator for male health.
- Fresh Live Plant: It is sometimes planted as an ornamental, and has virtue in folk medicine. It is also used as a culinary spice in some traditional cooking in North Eastern and Eastern India. In Hainanese cuisine, the leaves are ground into flour and mixed with rice to form noodles used in a sweet soup.
- Easy to Grow Plant: This is very fast growing plant with minimal care is needed.
- Fast Delivery: We provide best packaging for your live plant that will be safely delivered to your doorstep .
- Shade Requirements: Full sun to partial shade is favorable.
- Growing Instruction: Cuttings may be planted in raised beds at 10 cm apart row and 5 cm within a row. Double node stem with leaves is recommended for planting in the month of August and September. Seed germination is low, around 25-30%.
Note: You Will Get 1 Beautiful Plant Potted in a 3″ Plastic Pot
|Dimensions||8.5 × 8.5 × 26 cm|