Red Butterfly Wing (Christia Vespertilionis) – Live Plant – Butterfly Plant (Purple Leaves)
Out of stock
Cash On Delivery Option Available at Checkout
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Free Replacement*
- Dispatched in 1-2 Days, Ships in 3-5 Days**
Red Butterfly Wing is a slender, erect, sparingly-branched perennial herb with stems. It is grown as an ornamental, valued especially for its attractive leaves that look somewhat like a butterfly. The leaves of the red butterfly wing plant move in response to light levels, opening in high ambient light (in the day) and closing at low light levels (at night). During this movement, the leaflets fold at the level of the central vein. This movement is not due to growth and is instead powered by changes in turgor pressure in cells at the base of the leaf. it requires bright indirect sunlight supplemented with a cool indoor temperature of 15 °C. It can tolerate higher indoor temperatures but will go into dormancy prematurely and begin to take on a “tired” appearance if temperatures exceed 27 °C for prolonged periods of time. It thrives in average potting soil with good drainage.
- Fresh Live Plant: Red Butterfly Wing is a fresh live plant native to East Asia, cultivated and naturalized in parts of India. It is grown as an ornamental, valued especially for its attractive leaves that look somewhat like a butterfly. Decorative plant for indoor and outdoor.
- Growing Instructions: Water it when the soil is dry. It thrives in average potting soil with good drainage.no extra care is needed for its growth.
- Suitable for All Climate: Can be grown in any climate. It has drought tolerance capacity.
- Best Packaging Assured : We provide best packaging for your live plant that will be safely delivered to your doorstep .
- Light Requirements : Bright shade to some gentle direct sunlight.
- Planted With Proper Care : Each order is a well-rooted, healthy starter plant.
Note : You Will Get 1 Plant Sapling Planted in a 3″ Plastic Pot
|Dimensions||8.5 × 8.5 × 26 cm|
Butterfly wing plant
The plant was small but healthy. It is growing well in my verandah.