Thnankuni (Centella asiatica), also known as Gotu Kola, is an herb that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries. Its medicinal properties are known to help with a variety of health issues, ranging from mental health to skin problems. In this blog, we’ll explore some of the lesser-known medicinal uses of Thankuni.
- Cognitive Function: Thankuni has been shown to improve cognitive function in both healthy individuals and those with cognitive impairment. A study conducted on elderly participants showed that regular consumption of Thankuni improved cognitive function, memory, and attention span. The herb is believed to increase blood flow to the brain, which can improve cognitive function.
- Anxiety and Stress: Thankuni is also used to reduce anxiety and stress. It has been found to have a calming effect on the body, and can help reduce the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. A study conducted on individuals with anxiety disorders found that regular consumption of Thankuni significantly reduced anxiety symptoms.
- Wound Healing: Thankuni is also known for its wound healing properties. It is believed to improve blood circulation and increase the production of collagen, which is essential for wound healing. The herb is often used topically in creams and ointments to treat wounds, burns, and scars.
- Skin Health: Thankuni has been used for centuries to improve skin health. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the skin. It is often used in skin care products to treat acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Digestive Health: Thankuni has been used to improve digestive health for centuries. It is believed to improve digestion and reduce inflammation in the gut. The herb is often used to treat digestive issues such as constipation, bloating, and indigestion.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Thankuni is also believed to have anti-cancer properties. It is believed to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and induce apoptosis, which is programmed cell death. A study conducted on breast cancer cells found that Thankuni extract inhibited the growth and proliferation of cancer cells.
- Respiratory Health: Thankuni has also been used to improve respiratory health. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the airways. The herb is often used to treat respiratory issues such as asthma, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Final Thoughts: Thankuni plant is an incredibly versatile herb that has been used for centuries to treat a variety of health issues. It is known for its cognitive, anti-anxiety, wound healing, skin health, digestive, anti-cancer, and respiratory health benefits. While Thankuni is generally safe for consumption, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using it as a treatment for any health condition.