Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) | Floating Pond Plant | Pond Flower | Koi Pond Plants | Water Plants Live (Pack of 2/3/4/6/8/12)
₹185.00 – ₹565.00
Cash On Delivery Option Available at Checkout
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - Free Replacement*
- Dispatched in 1-2 Days, Ships in 3-5 Days**
Water hyacinth is a free-floating perennial aquatic plant (or hydrophyte) native to tropical and sub-tropical South America. The leaves are 10–20 cm (4–8 inches) across on a stem which is floating by means of buoyant bulb-like nodules at its base above the water surface. They have long, spongy and bulbous stalks.Water hyacinth can reproduce rapidly, and a single plant can produce up to 200 offspring in a single season. The plant has been introduced to many parts of the world outside of its native range, and it has become an invasive species in many areas. Water hyacinth can choke waterways and impede water flow, and it can also provide breeding sites for mosquitoes and other pests. Water hyacinth is considered an invasive species in many parts of the world, as it can quickly spread and choke out native plants and animals. It is thought to have been introduced to North America in the late 1800s, and has since spread to nearly every state in the US. In Florida alone, water hyacinth covers more than 130,000 acres of waterways.
- Fresh Live Aquatic Plant: Water hyacinth is a floating aquatic plant with large, thick leaves that are arranged in a rosette pattern and can grow up to 2.5 feet in length. by the end of spring, each plant holds as many as 20 gorgeous purple flowers.
- Easy to Grow Plant : Growing water hyacinth plants is easy. Once established, they require no special care except occasional thinning to keep them from choking out everything else in the pond.
- Fast Delivery : We provide best packaging for your live plant that will be safely delivered to your doorstep .
- Light Requirements: Water hyacinths need full sun and hot summer temperatures. Introduce them to the garden by scattering bunches of plants over the surface of the water. They quickly take hold and begin to grow. Thin the plants when they cover more than 60 percent of the water surface.
- Habitat : They are best grown as annuals in places where cold winters keep them in check by killing them back. Most gardeners don’t find them worth the trouble to keep over winter.
- Medicinal Usage : The flowers of Hyacinth are used for medicating the skin of horses. The species is a “tonic”.
- Growing Instructions : They are best grown as annuals in places where cold winters keep them in check by killing them back. Most gardeners don’t find them worth the trouble to keep over winter.
|Dimensions||8.5 × 8.5 × 26 cm|
Pack of 2, Pack of 3, Pack of 4, Pack of 6, Pack of 8, Pack of 12
Best online plant buying experience till today.
Best online plant buying experience till today. Never got such a healthy plant without any damage to any part of the plant.
Excellent and Exemplary